Sometimes I think I should change my name to Rick Steves. I’ve become a travel agent. All year long, I hear from people around the globe who will be traveling to Budapest. They ask me what they should do and see and eat. I’m happy to help. Today, I’m going to share my top 10…scratch that…13 ways (I couldn’t whittle this list down to only ten!) to discover the Pearl of the Danube. If you live in Hungary, or have been to Budapest, what would you add to the list?
1. Walk across the Chain Bridge.
2. Shop at Central Market Hall.
3. Explore the Castle District.
4. People watch at Gerbeaud.
5. Scan the cityscape from the top of the Basilica.
6. Time travel at the Lotz coffeehouse.
7. Stroll Down Andrássy Avenue.
9. Promenade along the Danube.
10. Take a river cruise at night.
11. Stand on top of the Clark Adam Tunnel at sunset and watch the riverboats.
11. Explore the State Opera House.
12. Take a ride on the M1, the oldest Metro in continental Europe.
13. Soak at Széchenyi Baths.